How this course started:
In India, workforce requirement for the healthcare sector is expected to grow from 35.9 lakh in 2013 to 74 lakh in 2022, which is more than double of its existing workforce.
But there was a huge lacuna in meeting this ever increasing demand from Healthcare sector by providing qualified healthcare professionals.
MUHS and ARMIET BIZ SCHOOL understood this scenario and this course was carefully designed keeping in mind the current and future need of Healthcare and allied industry.
Why Should I do MBA in Health Care Administration?
The healthcare industry is ever evolving with state of the art equipment and new technologies being introduced and there is an acute need of medical care by corporates having trained staff.
As doctors are getting more specialized with patient care, there is a need of separate breed of medical managers with Healthcare knowledge who can supplement the doctors with overall healthcare administration.
There is increasing need to utilize proven management principles in Healthcare sector in areas like scheduling, supply chain management, optimum utilization of medical facility, big investment decisions etc.
Having a good marketing acumen and presentation skills make a huge difference between two corporate entities having similar technical expertise.
- Healthcare Industry:
Corporate Hospitals, Nursing Homes, Pharmaceutical Firms, Diagnostic Services, Insurance Company with TPA Services (Operating in Health Insurance Schemes), NGOs (Operating in Healthcare Sector), Health Projects in WHO and UNICEF.
- Clinical Research:
Management of Clinical Research.
- Public Health:
For Medical Officers at Various levels of hierarchy.
Medical Tourism Industry, Consultancy Firms (Hospital – Planning & Designing), Hospital Equipment and Material Manufacturing Firms, IT Industry (Application In Healthcare Field), Wellness Industry.
Management Consultant, Teaching in Healthcare Management Institutions.
Eligibility for the course:
Candidates from first four eligibility criteria should have obtained permanent registration with respective councils of any of the State Councils in India or should obtain the receipt, to apply.
• B.P.Th. /M.P.Th
• B. Pharm/M. Pharm
• B.Sc.(Nursing)/Add to dictionary.(Nursing)
Every candidate, selected for admission shall possess recognized Health Science Degree and should have obtained permanent registration with respective Councils of any of the State Councils in India or should obtain the receipt, to apply for the same.
What is Unique about this course?
• The only course in Mumbai Metropolitan Region with MUHS(Maharashtra University of Health Sciences) extension campus.
• Worldwide recognition of MUHS degree
• The syllabus covers all subjects related to Healthcare along with management rather than specialized subjects.
• Student can enter wide choice of sectors
• Practical oriented course with industry interface.
• Most reasonable fee structure
How to apply:
- The Entrance exam, HEAT (Healthcare Eligibility Aptitude Test) is conducted by MUHS.
- You have to apply for HEAT During the Application Period Which Is Notified By MUHS.
- You can apply by downloading the HEAT application form from MUHS website (Application period is usually between February to April month)
- The HEAT exam is conducted Usually in the month of May or June each year.
- The Merit list is published subsequently and admission process starts.
- After the admission process, course usually starts in the month of June/July.